Chinese company supplies trains to Delhi Metro
Beijing: CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive, a subsidiary of major Chinese train manufacturer, CSR Corporation Ltd., has sold 21 trains to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, it said Saturday.
The sale marked the company's second order from India. The company exported 15 metro trains to New Delhi in 2010, reported Xinhua.
The locomotive company said the trains would be more energy efficient and thus be an industry model in India which is affected by power shortages.
CSR is China's leading bullet train maker and CSR Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive manufactures European-standard metro trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300