Sharon Stone to receive Peace Summit award
London: ‘Basic Instinct’ star Sharon Stone is to be presented with an honour by Nobel Prize winners for her work with HIV and AIDS sufferers.
The actress is in Warsaw, Poland this week for the 13th World Summit of Nobel Peace laureates and she will be handed the Peace Summit Award today.
Stone, 55, has been involved with The Foundation For Aids Research since 1995, previously as their campaign chairman and now as global fundraising chairman.
A committee of Nobel Peace laureates decides on the winner of the Peace Summit Award each year, picking a figure from the world of culture and entertainment who have raised awareness of global issues.
Previous celebrities to receive the honour include Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel and Bono.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law