Sharon Stone to receive Peace Summit award
London: ‘Basic Instinct’ star Sharon Stone is to be presented with an honour by Nobel Prize winners for her work with HIV and AIDS sufferers.
The actress is in Warsaw, Poland this week for the 13th World Summit of Nobel Peace laureates and she will be handed the Peace Summit Award today.
Stone, 55, has been involved with The Foundation For Aids Research since 1995, previously as their campaign chairman and now as global fundraising chairman.
A committee of Nobel Peace laureates decides on the winner of the Peace Summit Award each year, picking a figure from the world of culture and entertainment who have raised awareness of global issues.
Previous celebrities to receive the honour include Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel and Bono.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show