Top four foods to stay alert at work
New York: Soon after lunch, people experience afternoon slump. Citrus fruits or dark chocolates can help you in being more productive at work.
Chips from the vending machine or cookies your co-worker baked are not what your brain needs. Huffingtonpost.com suggests a list of food items to keep you alert:
- Dark chocolate: When you eat dark chocolate, compounds in cocoa called flavanols produce a surge in blood flow to the brain. That helps you feel awake and alert.
- Citrus fruits: Just sniffing them can stimulate alertness. Eat an orange, and you also benefit from vitamin C.
- Water: Just about every system in the body suffers when we`re dehydrated, including the brain. So, keep a reusable bottle or cup on your desk to remind you to drink.
- Coffee or tea: Caffeine keeps you alert and also boosts cognitive performance, concentration and focus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan