Cate Blanchett buys land in the Pacific Ocean
London: Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett has purchased herself a plot on an island in the Pacific Ocean.
The 42-year-old fell in love with the area of Havannah Harbour following a visit there last year, reported a website.
The `Aviator` star has bought a plot in idyllic Vanuatu, an island nation off the coasts of Australia, the Solomon Islands and Fiji. The property on the island cost between USD 200,000 and USD 700,000.
The movie star-turned-eco warrior has bought the land in a country which is hit the hardest by global warming.
Rising sea levels caused the evacuation of an entire village in the Pacific island nation in 2005, the first time climate change is known to have displaced an entire community.
The Vanuatu travel and luxury magazine said, "Cate Blanchett`s purchase in Havannah Harbour has everyone rethinking this tropical paradise".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut records statement with cops in connection with Hrithik's FIR
- First pictures of Bipasha and Karan as Mr & Mrs out! Check here
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Gulshan Grover wishes the best for soon-to-be-married-- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover!