David Letterman reveals battle with depression
Washington: David Letterman has opened up about his long battle with serious depression and his reluctance to get help -- particularly of the pharmaceutical kind.
Admitting he was “always skeptical” about taking depression medication, Letterman worried “it would make me loopy or make me hallucinate or make me drowsy.”
But then, Letterman came down with the shingles.
“Part of the concoction of drugs they give you to fight that pain are pretty serious, and I just got tired of taking them,” Us magazine quoted the CBS star who quit the pain drugs “cold turkey, as saying on ‘This Morning’.
That decision led the veteran chat show host to develop “nervous anxiety” on top of his depression.
“Then I was really screwed,” he recalled -- finally turning to his friend and doctor, Louis Aronne, for help.
“So that’s when I said to Louis, ‘OK, OK, I’ll try anything just to get rid of this depression’,” he said.
“Because it’s different than, ‘Oh, I don’t feel good today.’ It’s different than feeling sad. It’s different than feeling blue. It’s really, like a friend of mine says, it’s the world with 20/20 vision,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Jallikattu row: Kamal Haasan appeals for calm, says 'none can take away your rights'
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall