Food items that may damage teeth
London: Food items like hard boiled sweets and dried fruits tantalise taste buds, but they may attack your teeth for worse.
A website shared a list of some of the culprits:
* Dried fruit: They are sticky and high in sugar. That means they not only stick to teeth easily, but the sugar feeds the bacteria in the mouth, which can lead to dental erosion. It’s best if you don`t overeat dried fruits.
* Fizzy drinks: Sugary and fizzy drinks are especially bad for teeth when you choose to sip for long periods of time. Your teeth get exposed to acid present in the drinks. Finish the drink as quickly as possible rather than sipping it through the meal or while watching TV.
* Hard boiled sweets: These sweets not only stick to the teeth, but also stay in the mouth for a long time as the sweets take time to get dissolved.
* Coffee and tea: They are said to stain the teeth and also make them stickier, especially if you add sugar to your cup of tea or coffee. This means that more food bits can stick to the teeth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall