Narendra Modi's Gujarat visit: PM flags off Antyodaya Express
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on a two-day visit to Gujarat, on Sunday visited his hometown Vadnagar where he inaugurated a medical college there and also visited his school.
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on a two-day visit to Gujarat, on Sunday visited his hometown Vadnagar where he inaugurated a medical college there and also visited his school.
- Thank you for coming out in huge numbers. Have been in Gujarat for the past 2 days, your support has been overwhelming: PM Modi
- Gujarat's strides in animal husbandry have helped farmers. I told UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to send a team to Gujarat and study the Pashu Arogya Melas. They did that and organised a similar one in Varanasi, which I had the opportunity to visit & see how it helped farmers: PM Modi
- Even if the number of those who are corrupt increases, honest people will always win: PM Modi
- Antyodaya Express makes it easier for people from Uttar Pradesh & Bihar to go home for Chhath Puja: PM Modi
- The Antyodaya Express is a commendable initiative by the Rail Ministry. It connects people and particularly helps those who are from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and work away from their home: PM Modi
- The Prime Minister lays the foundation stone of Bhadbhut barrage over Narmada River.
- PM Modi flags of Antyodaya Express between Udhna in Surat and Jaynagar in Bihar.
- PM Modi reaches Bharuch. He will lay the foundation stone of Bhadbhut barrage over Narmada River and flag off Antyodaya Express between Udhna (Surat, Gujarat), and Jaynagar (Bihar).
- Urging doctors to come forward and improve the health sector, PM Modi says, Doctors alone cannot guarantee health, good food habits cannot either. Cleanliness is also required and so, we have started Swacchta Abhiyan and urge people in the country to take part in it.
- While listing his government's initiative in the health sector, PM Modi says, We brought prices of stents down. Work is constantly being done to make healthcare affordable for the poor.
- Further hitting out at the previous UPA government, PM Modi says, there was no focus on health care policies during thier rule.
- Former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee was the first one to initiate health policy in India, says PM. He hits out at the previous Congress-led UPA regime, says the then UPA government did nothing on Atal ji's programme for 10 years, I revived it after coming to power.
- PM appeals to Vadnagar citizens to make Mission Indradhanush successful.
Mission Indradhanush will provide greater focus on urban areas and other pockets of low immunisation coverage. The Prime Minister will distribute e-tablets to health workers to mark the launch of ImTeCHO. ImTeCHO is an innovative mobile phone application to improve performance of ASHAs through better supervision, support and motivation for increasing coverage of proven maternal, newborn and child health interventions among resource-poor settings in India. ImTeCHO stands for “Innovative mobile-phone Technology for Community Health Operations”. “TeCHO” in Gujarati means “support”; therefore, “ImTeCHO” means “I am support.”
- PM expresses happiness on inauguration of projects relating to the health sector, particularly Intensified Mission Indradhanush.
- The Prime Minister launches the Intensified Mission Indradhanush, to accelerate progress towards the goal of full immunisation coverage.
- I go back with your blessings and assure you that I will work even harder for the nation, says PM.
- Coming back to one's home town and receiving such a warm welcome is special. Whatever I am today is due to the values I have learnt on this soil, among you all in Vadnagar, says PM.
- PM Modi addresses a public rally in his hometown.
- The Prime Minister will launch immunisation program Mission Intensified Indra Dhanush shortly.
- Modi interacts with students at GMERS Medical College.
- PM Modi inaugurates GMERS Medical College in Vadnagar in presence of Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani and Union Health Minister JP Nadda. He dedicated the medical college to the nation
- The Prime Minister visits Hatkeshwar Temple, offers prayers.
- PM Modi visits the school where he once studied. As he stepped into the school premises after a longtime, the Prime Minister bowed, with his forehead touching the ground to register his high respect for the school.
— ANI (@ANI) October 8, 2017
- PM Modi begins roadshow in his hometown Vadnagar.
- PM Modi arrives in his hometown Vadnagar. This is his first visit to the town, since assuming the office of Prime Minister.