Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The long wait is over and monsoon has finally arrived! The rainy season brings relief from the harsh and sweaty summers, but it invites a number of health problems and many people get sick during this time of the year.
The damp or wet condition of the season also encourages insects and pathogenic micro-organisms to spread various diseases such as dengue, malaria, typhoid, viral fever, common cold and flu, pneumonia, diarrhea and dysentery.
Here are some helpful tips which you may try to stay healthy during the rainy season:
- Carry your monsoon essentials such as rain coat, umbrella whenever you go out to protect yourself from sudden rain fall.
- Eat a healthy diet that contains plenty of fruits and vegetables to get all necessary nutrients your body requires.
- Eat more foods that are rich in vitamin C as this will boost your immune system and help you stay away from common colds and flu.
- Avoid eating street food and raw vegetables to keep infections away.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating them.
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated and flush out toxins from the body. Always remember to carry a water bottle before going out.
- Also drink green tea, herbal teas that have antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, mouth or nose with your hands after getting wet as the virus might enter into the body through these routes.
- Don't forget to wash your hands, feet and face whenever you go out.
- Exercise to keep your immune system strong and avoid falling sick.
- Keep your surroundings clean to avoid mosquito breeding.