UP: Engineer held for giving bribe of Rs 50,000
Dehra Dun: A Junior Engineer of the
irrigation department here has been arrested for allegedly giving a bribe of Rs 50,000 to an investigating officer of Lokayukta office here, official sources Wednesday said.
Jaiprakash Singh, a native of district Devaria in Uttar
Pradesh, was caught red-handed by a vigilance team when he was
giving the bribe to Mansingh Rawat just outside the Lokayukta
office here last evening.
The JE offered the bribe to Rawat to give him a clean
chit in an inquiry related to irregularities in the
construction of streams in Tehri Garhwal district where he was
Rawat complained to the vigilance when the JE made
repeated phone calls to him and pressurised him to take the
bribe for preparing a false inquiry report giving the JE clean
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?