Andhra division: Seemandhra JAC demands cancellation of India, West Indies ODI
Rajahmundry: The Seemandhra Lawyers Joint Action Committee has requested the Andhra Cricket Association to cancel the November 24 India-West Indies ODI scheduled at Visakhapatnam, as it will "hurt feelings of crore of Samaikyandhra agitators fighting for a united AP."
A resolution to this effect was unanimously passed yesterday at a Joint Action Committee (JAC) meeting held in Kakinada, Seemandhra lawyers JAC co-convener Muppala Subba Rao said.
The resolution said that the sport event "if played at Visakhapatnam at this juncture would hurt the feelings of crores of Samaikyandhra agitators who are relentlessly fighting for a united Andhra Pradesh."
The JAC has been on protest following the Centre`s decision to create a separate Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh.
At the meeting, it was also decided that the 35,000 lawyers, who are on strike in 13 Seemandhra districts against proposed state bifurcation, will abstain the court work till November 23 and will meet on November 24 at Kadapa to chalk out future course of action, Rao said.
The lawyers have been on a stir for over 100 days demanding a united Andhra Pradesh while continuing relay fasts and other protests in the 13 Seemandhra districts.
"We will continue our agitation till a statement comes from the central government in favour of united Andhra Pradesh," Rao said.
He said they have prepared a list of agitations that they plan to take up further, including dharnas at the houses of central ministers and MPs, rail roko, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature