AP: Court denies bail to pro-Telangana leaders
Mahabubnagar: A local court Friday dismissed the bail petitions of TRS MLAs Jupalli Krishna Rao, Etala Rajender, T-JAC chairman M Kodandaram and others, arrested yesterday following violence near Alampur during the `Sadak Bandh` (road blockade) agitation along NH-7.
The magistrate`s court dismissed the bail pleas of pro-Telangana leaders on the ground that another three accused in the same matter were absconding, police said.
Police yesterday arrested eight persons including Kodandaram for instigating violence, in which government properties were damaged, at Alampur in Mahabubnagar district.
They were remanded in judicial custody till April 4.
Over 1,100 pro-Telangana activists including leaders of TRS and T-JAC were taken into preventive custody at various places in the region during the agitation along the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway (NH-7). Most were later released.
TRS, T-JAC, BJP and other pro-Telangana organisations had organised the blockade to protest the delay in granting statehood to Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!