AP: Two civilians injured in police-naxal crossfire
Hyderabad: Two civilians were injured on Friday in the crossfire between a police team and Naxalites in a forest area in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
According to Venkatapuram police, a police team
combing the forest areas of Allubaka and Thippapuram came
under fire from ultras at around 2 AM to 2:30 AM, which was
retaliated by the team.
Police said one of the civilians present at the spot
was injured when Maoists returned the police firing, while
another was injured when he came in contact with a sharp
weapon while fleeing, a police officer said, adding both of
them are out of danger, while naxalites managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest