AP: Two civilians injured in police-naxal crossfire
Hyderabad: Two civilians were injured on Friday in the crossfire between a police team and Naxalites in a forest area in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
According to Venkatapuram police, a police team
combing the forest areas of Allubaka and Thippapuram came
under fire from ultras at around 2 AM to 2:30 AM, which was
retaliated by the team.
Police said one of the civilians present at the spot
was injured when Maoists returned the police firing, while
another was injured when he came in contact with a sharp
weapon while fleeing, a police officer said, adding both of
them are out of danger, while naxalites managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons