AP: Two civilians injured in police-naxal crossfire
Hyderabad: Two civilians were injured on Friday in the crossfire between a police team and Naxalites in a forest area in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
According to Venkatapuram police, a police team
combing the forest areas of Allubaka and Thippapuram came
under fire from ultras at around 2 AM to 2:30 AM, which was
retaliated by the team.
Police said one of the civilians present at the spot
was injured when Maoists returned the police firing, while
another was injured when he came in contact with a sharp
weapon while fleeing, a police officer said, adding both of
them are out of danger, while naxalites managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway