AP: Two civilians injured in police-naxal crossfire
Hyderabad: Two civilians were injured on Friday in the crossfire between a police team and Naxalites in a forest area in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
According to Venkatapuram police, a police team
combing the forest areas of Allubaka and Thippapuram came
under fire from ultras at around 2 AM to 2:30 AM, which was
retaliated by the team.
Police said one of the civilians present at the spot
was injured when Maoists returned the police firing, while
another was injured when he came in contact with a sharp
weapon while fleeing, a police officer said, adding both of
them are out of danger, while naxalites managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered