Bus on way to Hyderabad airport catches fire; none hurt
Hyderabad: A bus carrying some passengers to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) at Shamshabad here caught fire in the early hours Tuesday.
The bus belonging to `Pushpak-Airport liner` bus services operated by Road Transport Corporation (RTC), was on its way to the airport from Secunderabad when it caught fire between 12.30 AM and 1 AM near Aaramghar Crossroads, Rajendranagar Police Station Inspector CH Kushalkar told PTI.
However, no one was injured in the incident.
Around 4-5 passengers were travelling in the bus when it caught fire. The driver noticed the fire and alerted the passengers and they immediately got out of it.
The flames engulfed the entire bus and it was completely gutted, the Inspector said.
According to preliminary investigation, suspected short-circuit may have caused the fire, the police officer said. Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary