Bus on way to Hyderabad airport catches fire; none hurt
Hyderabad: A bus carrying some passengers to the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) at Shamshabad here caught fire in the early hours Tuesday.
The bus belonging to `Pushpak-Airport liner` bus services operated by Road Transport Corporation (RTC), was on its way to the airport from Secunderabad when it caught fire between 12.30 AM and 1 AM near Aaramghar Crossroads, Rajendranagar Police Station Inspector CH Kushalkar told PTI.
However, no one was injured in the incident.
Around 4-5 passengers were travelling in the bus when it caught fire. The driver noticed the fire and alerted the passengers and they immediately got out of it.
The flames engulfed the entire bus and it was completely gutted, the Inspector said.
According to preliminary investigation, suspected short-circuit may have caused the fire, the police officer said. Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth