Centre keen on deciding Telangana issue: AP Guv
Rajahmundry (AP): The Centre is keen on taking a decision on the Telangana statehood issue at the earliest by trying to evolve a consensus, Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan said on Monday.
"Delhi is very keen on resolving the issue to the total satisfaction of all the people. They are trying to work out a consensus. They are trying to work out an understanding," he told reporters here.
He said AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, is likely to submit a report to the high command.
"Digvijay Singhji has come. He is meeting all. He will probably give a report to the high command. Delhi, the high command and government, are trying for a solution," he said.
The Governor`s comments assume significance amid reports that the Centre is likely to take final decision on the long-pending issue and that various factors are being considered.
Media reports said the Centre would soon announce its decision on the Telangana issue with the general elections and Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled for next year.
Narasimhan had recently met several top leaders in Delhi, triggering speculation that his inputs had been sought to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why