Centre keen on deciding Telangana issue: AP Guv
Rajahmundry (AP): The Centre is keen on taking a decision on the Telangana statehood issue at the earliest by trying to evolve a consensus, Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan said on Monday.
"Delhi is very keen on resolving the issue to the total satisfaction of all the people. They are trying to work out a consensus. They are trying to work out an understanding," he told reporters here.
He said AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, is likely to submit a report to the high command.
"Digvijay Singhji has come. He is meeting all. He will probably give a report to the high command. Delhi, the high command and government, are trying for a solution," he said.
The Governor`s comments assume significance amid reports that the Centre is likely to take final decision on the long-pending issue and that various factors are being considered.
Media reports said the Centre would soon announce its decision on the Telangana issue with the general elections and Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled for next year.
Narasimhan had recently met several top leaders in Delhi, triggering speculation that his inputs had been sought to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic