Centre keen on deciding Telangana issue: AP Guv
Rajahmundry (AP): The Centre is keen on taking a decision on the Telangana statehood issue at the earliest by trying to evolve a consensus, Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan said on Monday.
"Delhi is very keen on resolving the issue to the total satisfaction of all the people. They are trying to work out a consensus. They are trying to work out an understanding," he told reporters here.
He said AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, is likely to submit a report to the high command.
"Digvijay Singhji has come. He is meeting all. He will probably give a report to the high command. Delhi, the high command and government, are trying for a solution," he said.
The Governor`s comments assume significance amid reports that the Centre is likely to take final decision on the long-pending issue and that various factors are being considered.
Media reports said the Centre would soon announce its decision on the Telangana issue with the general elections and Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled for next year.
Narasimhan had recently met several top leaders in Delhi, triggering speculation that his inputs had been sought to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- September 2 Coal India strike: Govt open to discussions, says Piyush Goyal
- WOW! Sachin Tendulkar fulfills promise; gifts BMWs to Sakshi, Dipa, Sindhu and Gopichand
- Germany expects up to 300,000 migrants this year
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister