Ex-TDP leader on fast over Rayalaseema cause
Hyderabad: Former TDP MLA Byreddy Rajasekhara Reddy, who has been championing the cause of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh, on Thursday began his 52-hour fast alleging that the region is being taken for granted in resolving the Telangana issue.
Taking exception to proposals like `Rayala-Telangana` (formation of a separate Telangana state by making two Rayalaseema districts a part of it), he said that such options destroy the very existence of Rayalaseema.
The people of Rayalaseema felt hurt over such ideas, he said.
Though top leaders in all major parties, including chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress president Jaganmohan Redd, belonged to Rayalaseema region, they kept quiet on the interests of the region, Reddy alleged.
The region includes the southern districts of Anantapur, Chittoor, Kadapa and Kurnool.
Even though it produced big leaders, Rayalaseema continues to be one of the most backward regions, Reddy said.
Rajasekhara Reddy`s outfit `Rayalaseema Parirakshana Samiti` is demanding separate statehood for the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack