Hopeful of finding solution to Telangana issue: AP
Hyderabad: Stating that they were exerting a lot of pressure on the Congress high command to resolve the contentious Telangana issue, Andhra Pradesh Minister K Jana Reddy on Wednesday appealed to all to exercise restraint at this "critical juncture".
"We are happy that the (Congress) high command is moving towards resolving the Telangana issue. We are confident that it will find a permanent solution and we thank Sonia Gandhi for this," he said.
Jana Reddy, who hails from Telangana, was talking to reporters after an informal meeting with some of his Cabinet colleagues from the region here this evening.
The Panchayat Raj Minister pointed out that Congress leaders from the region faced a lot of ignominy and insinuation over the Telangana.
"Our MPs put in commendable efforts to get the issue resolved. We want people from Andhra-Rayalaseema to appreciate the gravity of the problem and exercise restraint at this critical juncture," he maintained.
Ministers Ponnala Lakshmaiah, Basavaraj Saraiah, D Sridhar Babu among others attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player