Hopeful of finding solution to Telangana issue: AP
Hyderabad: Stating that they were exerting a lot of pressure on the Congress high command to resolve the contentious Telangana issue, Andhra Pradesh Minister K Jana Reddy on Wednesday appealed to all to exercise restraint at this "critical juncture".
"We are happy that the (Congress) high command is moving towards resolving the Telangana issue. We are confident that it will find a permanent solution and we thank Sonia Gandhi for this," he said.
Jana Reddy, who hails from Telangana, was talking to reporters after an informal meeting with some of his Cabinet colleagues from the region here this evening.
The Panchayat Raj Minister pointed out that Congress leaders from the region faced a lot of ignominy and insinuation over the Telangana.
"Our MPs put in commendable efforts to get the issue resolved. We want people from Andhra-Rayalaseema to appreciate the gravity of the problem and exercise restraint at this critical juncture," he maintained.
Ministers Ponnala Lakshmaiah, Basavaraj Saraiah, D Sridhar Babu among others attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Microsoft to cut additional 2,850 jobs from smartphone sector
- Interesting numbers on India's beggar population out! How do Hindus and Muslims fare? - Read
- Turkey military purge harming fight against Islamic State: Clapper
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- Al Qaeda and Syria branch split up