Jagan DA case: YSRC slams CBI over ‘unethical approach’
Hyderabad: The YSR Congress criticised the CBI over "unethical approach" in dealing with the disproportionate assets case against Kadapa MP and party chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, after the Andhra Pradesh High Court dismissed his bail petition on Thursday.
"The High Court`s rejection of the bail plea is unfortunate. The CBI`s approach in the case is unethical as it has been changing tune from court to court and from time to time," YSRC official spokesperson Vasireddy Padma alleged.
She found fault with the CBI`s contention that the Andhra Pradesh government was not co-operating with the investigation into the disproportionate assets case against Jagan.
"This speaks about the malafide intentions of the CBI as it did not raise this point on earlier occasions. It seems that the CBI has been functioning in a highly questionable manner," Padma told reporters this afternoon.
Though CBI assured the courts that it would complete the investigation process within three months, it could not complete it nor gather evidence against Jagan, she pointed out.
"We met the President and the Prime Minister on the issue and brought to their notice the CBI`s style of functioning and the undemocratic arrest of our leader. If the CBI could not make any headway in the case, it only means that the matter is being deliberately delayed," she added.
Jagan should not be made the victim of the CBI`s failure, Padma said.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court today dismissed the regular bail petition of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case involving him.
The AP High Court had on December 24 dismissed the statutory bail plea of Jagan.
On January 22, the CBI had alleged before the AP High Court that it was unable to speed up the investigation into Jaganmohan Reddy`s case owing to the non-cooperation of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH