Kiran Reddy shielding Jagan to save Cong: CPM
Hyderabad: CPI-M politburo member and Andhra Pradesh secretary B V Raghavulu on Monday alleged that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was trying to save jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case apparently to save Congress.
At a press conference after the CPI-M state secretariat meeting here, Raghavulu questioned on what basis was the state government extending legal aid to five tainted ministers who were under the CBI scanner for issuing 26 controversial Government Orders during the YS Rajasekhara Reddy regime.
"The (disproportionate assets) case against Jagan is based on the 26 controversial GOs. If there is nothing amiss in the GOs, then where is the case against Jagan," he wondered.
"Was the government trying to save Jagan or its own ministers who were facing charges of corruption?" Raghavulu questioned.
Rather than calling only certain ministers corrupt, it would be appropriate to say that the "entire government in Andhra Pradesh has become corrupt", he said.
Referring to Secondary Education Minister K Parthasarathy, who was convicted and awarded a two-month jail term in a FERA violation case, he found fault with the chief minister for keeping the convicted minister in the Cabinet. "You can only blame the Chief Minister in this regard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa