Kiran Reddy shielding Jagan to save Cong: CPM
Hyderabad: CPI-M politburo member and Andhra Pradesh secretary B V Raghavulu on Monday alleged that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was trying to save jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case apparently to save Congress.
At a press conference after the CPI-M state secretariat meeting here, Raghavulu questioned on what basis was the state government extending legal aid to five tainted ministers who were under the CBI scanner for issuing 26 controversial Government Orders during the YS Rajasekhara Reddy regime.
"The (disproportionate assets) case against Jagan is based on the 26 controversial GOs. If there is nothing amiss in the GOs, then where is the case against Jagan," he wondered.
"Was the government trying to save Jagan or its own ministers who were facing charges of corruption?" Raghavulu questioned.
Rather than calling only certain ministers corrupt, it would be appropriate to say that the "entire government in Andhra Pradesh has become corrupt", he said.
Referring to Secondary Education Minister K Parthasarathy, who was convicted and awarded a two-month jail term in a FERA violation case, he found fault with the chief minister for keeping the convicted minister in the Cabinet. "You can only blame the Chief Minister in this regard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic