Kiran Reddy unfazed by Andhra Cong leaders` threat to join TRS
New Delhi: Unfazed by the move of three Congress leaders to quit the party and join Telangana Rashtra Samiti, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Thursday said saying people were free to join any political party but a deadline to resolve the vexed Telangana issue cannot be set keeping in mind its sensitive nature.
He refused to comment on the decision of Congress leader K Keshava Rao and two party MPs G Vivekanananda and Manda Jagannatham to join TRS, saying people were free to join any political party in a democracy.
"There is nothing to say. What do I say. India is a democracy, and people can join any party they like," he said.
"The issue of Telangana is a sensitive and delicate issue...Because of the pressure from the people, the Centre is trying to find an amicable solution," he told reporters here.
In reply to a poser, Reddy said "no deadline can be set for the resolution because it is sensitive" in nature.
He also said the resolution should be acceptable to all as there are similar demands from elsewhere in the country.
"It is not a simple issue and I request people from Andhra Pradesh to remain calm till a resolution is arrived at," he said.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das said he was not aware of the development and can only speak on the issue after talking to Rao.
Top sources in the party, however, remained dismissive of the threat saying the party was in no hurry to approach them. There is a view that their decision to join TRS had more to do with personal interests than any ideological issue. Rao`s Rajya Sabha term had ended last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents