Lucky escape for children as bus catches fire
Hyderabad: About 50 students of a private international school had a lucky escape as they managed to come out of a bus that caught fire on the city outskirts on Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred at around 8.15 am near Batasingaram cross roads, Inspector G Srinivas Kumar said, adding all the students got out of the bus before the blaze could spread.
The bus was completely burnt and investigations were on to determine the cause behind the fire, he said.
The vehicle, carrying around 50 students, was on its way to Vanasthalipuram where the school is located from Pochampally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok