Telangana Cong MPs slam non-Telangana counterparts
New Delhi: Camping here to drum up support for Telangana, Congress MPs from the region on Wednesday launched a frontal attack on their counterparts from non-Telangana areas accusing them of "conspiring against" the creation of a separate state by "telling lies".
The MPs also singled out Rajya Sabha MP KVP Ramachandra Rao, a close aide of late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, alleging that he is "hell bent on keeping Andhra Pradesh united" only to help the YSR Congress of rebel Jaganmohan Reddy.
The MPs from Telangana region took their case to senior Congress leaders Motilal Vora, Digvijay Singh and Janardhan Dwivedi and addressed a press conference during which they claimed that the movement for keeping Andhra Pradesh united was a "orchestrated" by a few "vested interests".
"The Seemandhra MPs are telling lies. They don`t want a separate state of Telangana be created. They now know that Telangana is going to be a reality. So they are trying to scuttle it," Nizamabad MP Madhu Goud Yaskhi, who is at the forefront of the pro-Telangana agitation, told reporters.
Yaskhi`s attack came a day after the Seemandhra MPs met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad demanding that Andhra Pradesh should not be bifurcated at any cost.
Senior Congress leader K Keshav Rao said this showed the "dominant attitude" of leaders from the non-Telangana regions to impose decisions forcefully on the people of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened