Telangana crisis: Andhra Governor meets Shinde
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan today met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde against the backdrop of the Centre starting the process of bifurcation of the state and agitations in Seemandhra region.
"It was just a courtesy call," Narasimhan told reporters after meeting the Home Minister here. Asked whether Telangana issue was discussed during the meeting, he declined to comment. "Nothing was discussed," he remarked.
Earlier, Narasimhan met Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and AICC President Sonia Gandhi. Agitations have been going on for over two months in the state against the move to divide it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj