Telangana crisis: Andhra Governor meets Shinde
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan today met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde against the backdrop of the Centre starting the process of bifurcation of the state and agitations in Seemandhra region.
"It was just a courtesy call," Narasimhan told reporters after meeting the Home Minister here. Asked whether Telangana issue was discussed during the meeting, he declined to comment. "Nothing was discussed," he remarked.
Earlier, Narasimhan met Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and AICC President Sonia Gandhi. Agitations have been going on for over two months in the state against the move to divide it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'