Telangana state will soon be a reality, say ministers
Hyderabad: Two Andhra Pradesh ministers from Telangana region on Monday claimed that they received indications of the central government finally making up its mind to bifurcate the state.
The ministers hoped that the central government would take a decision by month-end to carve out a separate Telangana state. Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had said after the Dec 28 all-party meet on Telangana that the government would take a decision within a month.
One of the ministers hinted that Hyderabad could be joint capital of the two states for 10 to 12 years.
Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu told reporters on Monday that the long-cherished dream of Telangana people would soon become a reality. "We will celebrate the next Sankranti in Telangana state," he said.
On leaders from Seemandhra (Rayalseema and Andhra regions) opposing the demand for Telangana state, he appealed to them to respect the sentiments of the people of Telangana.
On what would be status of Hyderabad, Babu said it would definitely be on the map of Telangana. "Hyderabad is an important of Telangana and it definitely part of Telangana state," he said.
Another minister Danam Nagender, who had never been a strong supporter of Telangana demand, also claimed that division of the state has become inevitable.
Nagender, who hails from Hyderabad, claimed that the city could be a joint capital of the two states for 10 to 12 years. He said the central government was not likely to make Hyderabad a union territory.
Another minister Mukesh Goud, also from Hyderabad, had recently demanded that in case of formation of Telangana, Hyderabad should be given greater autonomy to protect the interests of people from other regions who have settled here.
Pro-Telangana groups have already made it clear that they want Telangana state with Hyderabad as its capital.
Telangana comprises 10 districts including Hyderabad.
Meanwhile, senior Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member P. Goverdhan Reddy said the people of Seemandhra themselves would not agree to Hyderabad as a joint capital.
"Hyderabad will be 200 km away for them from any direction. They would like to have their own state capital at the earliest," he said.
The MP said if Telangana state was not created, Congress party would suffer heavily in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah