`Will consider sentiments of people before Telangana decision`
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president Botsa Satyanrayana on Thursday said sentiments of people from various regions of the state will be taken into consideration before arriving at a decision on separate Telanagana state.
"Congress leaders from the state have to abide by the decision of the party high command on the issue", Satyanarayana told reporters here.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had told an all-party meeting held last week in New Delhi that the Centre would decide on Telangana in one month.
Replying to a query on migration of some leaders from the party over formation of the separate state, Satyanarayana said those leaders who have left will return to the party fold in future.
The state unit Congress president earlier visited the venue where regional convention of Congress is scheduled to be held on January 7. Congress MLAs and ministers will be attending the one-day event.
"The objective of the regional convention is to create awareness on welfare and development schemes of the government", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa