Hardcore Maoist arrested in Bihar
Patna: A hardcore Maoist was arrested on Thursday by Special Task Force (STF) from Buxar and a levy money of Rs 63,000 recovered from him, a senior police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, the STF team arrested Azad Paswan from Sikaraul police station of Buxar, Inspector General of Police Amit Kumar said.
He was accused in 10 cases in Buxar and Rohtas districts.
The IG said Paswan told his interrogators that he was secretary, Sone Vindhyachal zone committee of the ultra outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security