Lakhs gather in Patna for Lalu’s Parivartan rally
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Lakhs of people gathered at Gandhi Maidan here on Wednesday to take part in Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Parivartan Rally.
The RJD leader has arrived at the venue along with his wife Rabri Devi and sons Tejpratap and Tejasvi.
As the name suggests, ‘Parivartan Rally’ is being held to bring a change in the state, claims RJD.
In support of the party and its leader, RJD workers had painted Patna with green which is the official colour of the party. People were seen sporting caps and banners in green colour and even the hoardings and welcome arches were made in green.
The party had hired 13 special trains to ferry its workers and supporters to Patna for Parivartan rally reportedly at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore.
The rally, to be held at Gandhi Maidan here, would be the second by RJD after 2005 when it lost power to NDA in the state.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch
- Thai junta rules out link between latest bombings and earlier deadly attacks
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch