Lakhs gather in Patna for Lalu’s Parivartan rally
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Lakhs of people gathered at Gandhi Maidan here on Wednesday to take part in Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Parivartan Rally.
The RJD leader has arrived at the venue along with his wife Rabri Devi and sons Tejpratap and Tejasvi.
As the name suggests, ‘Parivartan Rally’ is being held to bring a change in the state, claims RJD.
In support of the party and its leader, RJD workers had painted Patna with green which is the official colour of the party. People were seen sporting caps and banners in green colour and even the hoardings and welcome arches were made in green.
The party had hired 13 special trains to ferry its workers and supporters to Patna for Parivartan rally reportedly at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore.
The rally, to be held at Gandhi Maidan here, would be the second by RJD after 2005 when it lost power to NDA in the state.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base