Lakhs gather in Patna for Lalu’s Parivartan rally
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Lakhs of people gathered at Gandhi Maidan here on Wednesday to take part in Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Parivartan Rally.
The RJD leader has arrived at the venue along with his wife Rabri Devi and sons Tejpratap and Tejasvi.
As the name suggests, ‘Parivartan Rally’ is being held to bring a change in the state, claims RJD.
In support of the party and its leader, RJD workers had painted Patna with green which is the official colour of the party. People were seen sporting caps and banners in green colour and even the hoardings and welcome arches were made in green.
The party had hired 13 special trains to ferry its workers and supporters to Patna for Parivartan rally reportedly at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore.
The rally, to be held at Gandhi Maidan here, would be the second by RJD after 2005 when it lost power to NDA in the state.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back