Lakhs gather in Patna for Lalu’s Parivartan rally
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Lakhs of people gathered at Gandhi Maidan here on Wednesday to take part in Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Parivartan Rally.
The RJD leader has arrived at the venue along with his wife Rabri Devi and sons Tejpratap and Tejasvi.
As the name suggests, ‘Parivartan Rally’ is being held to bring a change in the state, claims RJD.
In support of the party and its leader, RJD workers had painted Patna with green which is the official colour of the party. People were seen sporting caps and banners in green colour and even the hoardings and welcome arches were made in green.
The party had hired 13 special trains to ferry its workers and supporters to Patna for Parivartan rally reportedly at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore.
The rally, to be held at Gandhi Maidan here, would be the second by RJD after 2005 when it lost power to NDA in the state.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster