Punjab govt announces public appeasement schemes
Chandigarh: Ahead of upcoming Assembly polls in Punjab, the SAD-BJP government on Saturday announced several schemes including grant of free plots, regularisation of around 9,000 contractual employees and enhancement of old-age allowance.
The state Cabinet, at its meeting chaired by Chief
Minister Parkash Singh Badal, decided to provide free plots of
125 square yards to house-less people in rural areas, an
official spokesman said.
Services of 8,951 employees working in 141 local bodies
for the past several years would also be regularised, the
The decision would cost the state exchequer to the tune
of nearly Rs 180.57 crore, he said.
The Cabinet decided to regularise services of 132
contractual employees in the Technical Education Department.
The Cabinet gave approval for regularising the services
of computer teachers recruited by the Punjab Information and
Communication Technology Education Society (PICTES) from July
Closed cooperative sugar mills in Patiala, Tarn Taran and
Zira would be revived on the basis of Built, Own, Operate and
Transfer (BOOT) through open tenders by the Punjab Sugarfed.
The Cabinet also decided to increase the old-age
allowance for pensioners, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days