Punjab govt announces public appeasement schemes
Chandigarh: Ahead of upcoming Assembly polls in Punjab, the SAD-BJP government on Saturday announced several schemes including grant of free plots, regularisation of around 9,000 contractual employees and enhancement of old-age allowance.
The state Cabinet, at its meeting chaired by Chief
Minister Parkash Singh Badal, decided to provide free plots of
125 square yards to house-less people in rural areas, an
official spokesman said.
Services of 8,951 employees working in 141 local bodies
for the past several years would also be regularised, the
The decision would cost the state exchequer to the tune
of nearly Rs 180.57 crore, he said.
The Cabinet decided to regularise services of 132
contractual employees in the Technical Education Department.
The Cabinet gave approval for regularising the services
of computer teachers recruited by the Punjab Information and
Communication Technology Education Society (PICTES) from July
Closed cooperative sugar mills in Patiala, Tarn Taran and
Zira would be revived on the basis of Built, Own, Operate and
Transfer (BOOT) through open tenders by the Punjab Sugarfed.
The Cabinet also decided to increase the old-age
allowance for pensioners, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in