Six cell phones, 5 SIMs seized during raid in jail
Patna: Six mobile phones and five SIM cards were recovered during a raid in the high-security Beur central jail here on Sunday, police said.
The raid in the prisoners’ wards was conducted under the leadership of city Superintendent of Police Jaykant in the early hours today, they said.
During meticulous checking of the prisoners wards, six mobile phones and five SIM cards smuggled inside the prison were seized, the police said.
The Beur Central jail in Patna houses thousands of inmates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH