Sushasan or Jungle Raj? 578 murders reported in Bihar in just two months
Patna: Tall promises made by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to ensure law and order in the state seem to be falling flat as 578 murders have been reported in the JD(U)-RJD-ruled state within two months of Assembly elections, report claimed on Sunday.
In the last month alone more than 300 cases of murders and kidnappings were reported in Bihar, states CNN-IBN report.
Recently murders of engineers in Bihar had provided enough arsenal to the Opposition to attack JD(U)-RJD coalition government.
Brajesh Kumar and Mukesh Kumar, employed with road construction company M/S BSCCNC, were shot dead by some people on a motorcycle on Darbhanga-Kusheshwarsthan state highway in Darbhanga distric while the duo was supervising laying of a road.
Soon after assuming the office, CM Nitish Kumar had said “There will be absolutely no compromise with the rule of law in the state. This has been our guiding principle from the very start. We will work on the basis of the same in the future.”
With Lalu Prasad Yadav's RJD becoming single-largest party in Bihar Assembly, there were fears among many that 'Jungle Raj' may return in the state as he would have more say in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing