Sushasan or Jungle Raj? 578 murders reported in Bihar in just two months
Patna: Tall promises made by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to ensure law and order in the state seem to be falling flat as 578 murders have been reported in the JD(U)-RJD-ruled state within two months of Assembly elections, report claimed on Sunday.
In the last month alone more than 300 cases of murders and kidnappings were reported in Bihar, states CNN-IBN report.
Recently murders of engineers in Bihar had provided enough arsenal to the Opposition to attack JD(U)-RJD coalition government.
Brajesh Kumar and Mukesh Kumar, employed with road construction company M/S BSCCNC, were shot dead by some people on a motorcycle on Darbhanga-Kusheshwarsthan state highway in Darbhanga distric while the duo was supervising laying of a road.
Soon after assuming the office, CM Nitish Kumar had said “There will be absolutely no compromise with the rule of law in the state. This has been our guiding principle from the very start. We will work on the basis of the same in the future.”
With Lalu Prasad Yadav's RJD becoming single-largest party in Bihar Assembly, there were fears among many that 'Jungle Raj' may return in the state as he would have more say in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next