Woman, two daughters found dead in Patna
Patna: Bodies of three women, mother and her two daughters, were found from a house in Patliputra area here on Saturday, police said.
The victims appear to have been hit on head by some rough weapon, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Patna range, Sunil Kumar told PTI.
The bodies were found in a house at Inderpuri locality, the DIG said adding the motive behind the crime was not clear.
The DIG said officials of forensic department have taken evidence from the spot for investigation.
The family belonged to one Sunil Kumar Singh, a retired government official.
Singh had remarried after the death of his first wife and the victims were his second wife and two daughters. He is staying with his son in Delhi at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts