Chhattisgarh: Girl gang-raped, five men arrested
Raigarh: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by five youths in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district, police said Wednesday.
The five accused were arrested yesterday in this connection.
"The arrests were made under section 376 (2) (g) (gang rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC yesterday based on the complaint of the victim," Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Praphulla Thakur said.
"The incident took place when the girl was returning along with her boyfriend on his motorbike after visiting Chandrapur temple on Sunday (April 14) evening to Raigarh town," he added.
The duo stopped at a place in Tetla village near Pusaur police station due to bad weather conditions.
Later, a few men beat up the girl`s boyfriend and threatened him to leave the place.
The five accused then allegedly outraged her modesty and fled from the spot, the ASP said.
They also threatened the victim with dire consequences if she informed about the crime to anyone, he said.
Based on the complaint of the girl, five youths - Lakshminarayan Mahant, Bajrang Mahant, Velore Bhoi, Pradip Gupta and Dinesh Gupta - were arrested, he said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings
- From Kanpur to Varanasi in 10 days: 11-year-old Shraddha Shukla attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga
- Doha airport brings in passenger tax