Chhattisgarh: Girl gang-raped, five men arrested
Raigarh: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by five youths in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district, police said Wednesday.
The five accused were arrested yesterday in this connection.
"The arrests were made under section 376 (2) (g) (gang rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC yesterday based on the complaint of the victim," Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Praphulla Thakur said.
"The incident took place when the girl was returning along with her boyfriend on his motorbike after visiting Chandrapur temple on Sunday (April 14) evening to Raigarh town," he added.
The duo stopped at a place in Tetla village near Pusaur police station due to bad weather conditions.
Later, a few men beat up the girl`s boyfriend and threatened him to leave the place.
The five accused then allegedly outraged her modesty and fled from the spot, the ASP said.
They also threatened the victim with dire consequences if she informed about the crime to anyone, he said.
Based on the complaint of the girl, five youths - Lakshminarayan Mahant, Bajrang Mahant, Velore Bhoi, Pradip Gupta and Dinesh Gupta - were arrested, he said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje