Chhattisgarh: Girl gang-raped, five men arrested
Raigarh: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by five youths in Chhattisgarh`s Raigarh district, police said Wednesday.
The five accused were arrested yesterday in this connection.
"The arrests were made under section 376 (2) (g) (gang rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC yesterday based on the complaint of the victim," Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Praphulla Thakur said.
"The incident took place when the girl was returning along with her boyfriend on his motorbike after visiting Chandrapur temple on Sunday (April 14) evening to Raigarh town," he added.
The duo stopped at a place in Tetla village near Pusaur police station due to bad weather conditions.
Later, a few men beat up the girl`s boyfriend and threatened him to leave the place.
The five accused then allegedly outraged her modesty and fled from the spot, the ASP said.
They also threatened the victim with dire consequences if she informed about the crime to anyone, he said.
Based on the complaint of the girl, five youths - Lakshminarayan Mahant, Bajrang Mahant, Velore Bhoi, Pradip Gupta and Dinesh Gupta - were arrested, he said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31