Chhattisgarh to start free vehicle service to transport the dead home
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to start a free vehicle service to transport home dead patients from government hospitals.
The state government will soon start a vehicle service, free-of-charge to transport home, bodies of patients who die in government district hospitals and community health centres across the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
The programme has been chalked out keeping in view the fact that the body of a deceased sometimes reaches home very late for want of money, as poor cannot pay the hefty sums demanded by private ambulance operators, they said.
The government has decided to take on this responsibility, as a service to humanity. The details of the programme will be released soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed