Chhattisgarh to start free vehicle service to transport the dead home
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to start a free vehicle service to transport home dead patients from government hospitals.
The state government will soon start a vehicle service, free-of-charge to transport home, bodies of patients who die in government district hospitals and community health centres across the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
The programme has been chalked out keeping in view the fact that the body of a deceased sometimes reaches home very late for want of money, as poor cannot pay the hefty sums demanded by private ambulance operators, they said.
The government has decided to take on this responsibility, as a service to humanity. The details of the programme will be released soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29