Chhattisgarh to start free vehicle service to transport the dead home
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to start a free vehicle service to transport home dead patients from government hospitals.
The state government will soon start a vehicle service, free-of-charge to transport home, bodies of patients who die in government district hospitals and community health centres across the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
The programme has been chalked out keeping in view the fact that the body of a deceased sometimes reaches home very late for want of money, as poor cannot pay the hefty sums demanded by private ambulance operators, they said.
The government has decided to take on this responsibility, as a service to humanity. The details of the programme will be released soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel