Chhattisgarh to start free vehicle service to transport the dead home
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to start a free vehicle service to transport home dead patients from government hospitals.
The state government will soon start a vehicle service, free-of-charge to transport home, bodies of patients who die in government district hospitals and community health centres across the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
The programme has been chalked out keeping in view the fact that the body of a deceased sometimes reaches home very late for want of money, as poor cannot pay the hefty sums demanded by private ambulance operators, they said.
The government has decided to take on this responsibility, as a service to humanity. The details of the programme will be released soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery