Chhattisgarh to start free vehicle service to transport the dead home
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has decided to start a free vehicle service to transport home dead patients from government hospitals.
The state government will soon start a vehicle service, free-of-charge to transport home, bodies of patients who die in government district hospitals and community health centres across the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
The programme has been chalked out keeping in view the fact that the body of a deceased sometimes reaches home very late for want of money, as poor cannot pay the hefty sums demanded by private ambulance operators, they said.
The government has decided to take on this responsibility, as a service to humanity. The details of the programme will be released soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog