Congress stages walk-out over irrigation issue in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Main opposition Congress today walked out of the Chhattisgarh Assembly alleging injustice to the farmers in Bhatapara region of Balodabazar-Bhatapara district.
During the question hour, Congress MLA Chaitram Sahu asked about the area under irrigation in Bhatapara constituency.
He also asked if there was any proposal to establish a divisional office of Water Resources Department in Bhatapara development block.
Water Resources Minister Ramvichar Netam said irrigation facilities (infrastructure) was available for 11,707 hectares in Bhatapara, of which 8,364 hectares of land was under actual irrigation.
There was no plan to set up divisional office in Bhatapara, he added.
Sahu said that divisional office had been shifted to Tilda, which was far away from Bhatapara. Farmers were facing a difficulty registering irrigation-related complaints, so an office be set up at Bhatapara. But Netam said there was no such provision.
Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey alleged that a huge quantity of water was being given to an industry in the region, while fields were water-starved.
He demanded that the state government should heed Sahu`s demand and set up a branch office of Water Resources Department in the region.
Dissatisfied with the government`s stand, the Congerss members walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015