CRPF jawan hangs self in Dantewada jail
Raipur: A 30-year-old Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) constable, incarcerated for shooting dead his four colleagues at their camp last year, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself, police said today.
"CRPF constable Deep Kumar Tiwari, a native of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, was found hanging in his barrack in Dantewada district jail on late Wednesday night", Dantewada SP Narendra Khare said.
Other inmates were sleeping when Tiwari hanged himself, he said.
Though the motive behind the constable taking the extreme step is being ascertained, police suspect he might have killed himself as he was "disturbed" with the fratricide incident.
Tiwari was arrested for gunning down his four colleagues at the Aranpur camp of 111 CRPF Battalion in Maoist-infested Dantewada district, around 500 kms from here, on December 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!