CRPF jawan hangs self in Dantewada jail
Raipur: A 30-year-old Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) constable, incarcerated for shooting dead his four colleagues at their camp last year, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself, police said today.
"CRPF constable Deep Kumar Tiwari, a native of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, was found hanging in his barrack in Dantewada district jail on late Wednesday night", Dantewada SP Narendra Khare said.
Other inmates were sleeping when Tiwari hanged himself, he said.
Though the motive behind the constable taking the extreme step is being ascertained, police suspect he might have killed himself as he was "disturbed" with the fratricide incident.
Tiwari was arrested for gunning down his four colleagues at the Aranpur camp of 111 CRPF Battalion in Maoist-infested Dantewada district, around 500 kms from here, on December 25, 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'