CRPF jawan hangs self in Dantewada jail
Raipur: A 30-year-old Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) constable, incarcerated for shooting dead his four colleagues at their camp last year, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself, police said today.
"CRPF constable Deep Kumar Tiwari, a native of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, was found hanging in his barrack in Dantewada district jail on late Wednesday night", Dantewada SP Narendra Khare said.
Other inmates were sleeping when Tiwari hanged himself, he said.
Though the motive behind the constable taking the extreme step is being ascertained, police suspect he might have killed himself as he was "disturbed" with the fratricide incident.
Tiwari was arrested for gunning down his four colleagues at the Aranpur camp of 111 CRPF Battalion in Maoist-infested Dantewada district, around 500 kms from here, on December 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical