CRPF jawan hangs self in Dantewada jail
Raipur: A 30-year-old Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) constable, incarcerated for shooting dead his four colleagues at their camp last year, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself, police said today.
"CRPF constable Deep Kumar Tiwari, a native of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, was found hanging in his barrack in Dantewada district jail on late Wednesday night", Dantewada SP Narendra Khare said.
Other inmates were sleeping when Tiwari hanged himself, he said.
Though the motive behind the constable taking the extreme step is being ascertained, police suspect he might have killed himself as he was "disturbed" with the fratricide incident.
Tiwari was arrested for gunning down his four colleagues at the Aranpur camp of 111 CRPF Battalion in Maoist-infested Dantewada district, around 500 kms from here, on December 25, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Microsoft CEO Nadella's debut book to come out in 2017
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- Delhi Court frees Ex-DUSU President on a 2004 complaint by professor
- Daddy's girl! Bipasha Basu showers birthday wishes on papa dearest! – View pic
- India, Pakistan must decide scope of dialogue on Kashmir issue: United States