CRPF jawan hangs self in Dantewada jail
Raipur: A 30-year-old Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) constable, incarcerated for shooting dead his four colleagues at their camp last year, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself, police said today.
"CRPF constable Deep Kumar Tiwari, a native of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, was found hanging in his barrack in Dantewada district jail on late Wednesday night", Dantewada SP Narendra Khare said.
Other inmates were sleeping when Tiwari hanged himself, he said.
Though the motive behind the constable taking the extreme step is being ascertained, police suspect he might have killed himself as he was "disturbed" with the fratricide incident.
Tiwari was arrested for gunning down his four colleagues at the Aranpur camp of 111 CRPF Battalion in Maoist-infested Dantewada district, around 500 kms from here, on December 25, 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended