Four naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four naxals were arrested from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh during a search operation, police said today.
"Four naxals were arrested by the joint contingent of district force, Chhattisgarh Armed Force and Central Reserve of Police Force (CRPF) during a search operation in Madded police station area on Saturday," a senior police official from Bijapur said.
"Those arrested have been identified as Madded range committee commander Pottam Babu (25), Madded area commander Mandra Nagesh (27), Wasam Suresh (27) and Paaret Chandraiya (40)," police said.
Pottam Babu and Nagesh were carrying cash reward of Rs 20,000 and Rs 10,000, respectively, on their head.
A number of detonators, cartridges, tiffin bomb, explosives and naxal literature were also recovered from the possession of Pottam Babu, Suresh and Nagesh, they said.
They all were involved in several serious crimes like murder, arson, abduction, police added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy