Four naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four naxals were arrested from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh during a search operation, police said today.
"Four naxals were arrested by the joint contingent of district force, Chhattisgarh Armed Force and Central Reserve of Police Force (CRPF) during a search operation in Madded police station area on Saturday," a senior police official from Bijapur said.
"Those arrested have been identified as Madded range committee commander Pottam Babu (25), Madded area commander Mandra Nagesh (27), Wasam Suresh (27) and Paaret Chandraiya (40)," police said.
Pottam Babu and Nagesh were carrying cash reward of Rs 20,000 and Rs 10,000, respectively, on their head.
A number of detonators, cartridges, tiffin bomb, explosives and naxal literature were also recovered from the possession of Pottam Babu, Suresh and Nagesh, they said.
They all were involved in several serious crimes like murder, arson, abduction, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened