Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four alleged hardcore Naxals were arrested in two separate incidents in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"Three hardcore ultras of small action group (SAG) of Maoists were nabbed yesterday by a contingent of district force and Chhattisgarh Armed Force near Madanar village under Bayanar police station area of the district," Additional Superintendent of Police Surjeet Atri said.
"Huge cache of explosives, two pistols, 5 kg tiffin bomb,
one hand grenade, one detonator, live cartridges, knives and wire were recovered from their possession," he said.
The accused were identified as 22-year-old Jugaram, Deputy
Commander of Aadnar Jan Militia, Gandhi (40) of peoples` government (Jantana Sarkar) and Sukhram Sori (21), a member of Aadnar jan militia.
On getting a tip-off about presence of some suspected Naxals near Madanar village, security personnel moving around in the area held the trio and during interrogation they admitted to being involved in Maoist movement, he stated.
The police party was sent for conducting search operations and providing security for `Madai Mela` (yearly fairs) held in Bayanar, Mungwal, Badko Kejang and Madanar villages of the region.
In an another incident, Naxal commander Chamru Ram (45)
was arrested by district force from Mardapal police station area yesterday, the ASP said.
Those arrested were being further interrogated, he said
adding that they all were involved in crimes like arson, explosion, murder and loot in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'