Justice Yatindra Singh takes oath as Chief Justice of Chattisgarh
Raipur: The newly-appointed Chief Justice of Bilaspur High Court in Chhattisgarh, Justice Yatindra Singh, took oath of the office here on Monday.
Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt administered the oath to Justice Singh at Raj Bhavan here.
Following the ceremony, the Chief Justice said that his priority would be to dispose of pending cases in the state.
Prior to this appointment, Singh was posted in Allahabad High Court.
Born in 1952, Singh completed his graduation from Allahabad University in 1970. Between March 1997 and February 1999, he served as an Additional Advocate General of Uttar Pradesh.
Chief Minister Raman Singh and leaders of the Opposition were present at the oath taking ceremony here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vijay Mallya cries foul, says not given fair trial
- BJP TN chief receives 'threat' message
- Shocking! Water tankers meant for people being sold to businessmen for profit in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed
- ICRA upgrades SITI Cable’s Long Term Ratings to A- from BBB+
- 'Government to revoke compulsory sugar export order'