Justice Yatindra Singh takes oath as Chief Justice of Chattisgarh
Raipur: The newly-appointed Chief Justice of Bilaspur High Court in Chhattisgarh, Justice Yatindra Singh, took oath of the office here on Monday.
Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt administered the oath to Justice Singh at Raj Bhavan here.
Following the ceremony, the Chief Justice said that his priority would be to dispose of pending cases in the state.
Prior to this appointment, Singh was posted in Allahabad High Court.
Born in 1952, Singh completed his graduation from Allahabad University in 1970. Between March 1997 and February 1999, he served as an Additional Advocate General of Uttar Pradesh.
Chief Minister Raman Singh and leaders of the Opposition were present at the oath taking ceremony here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video