Naxal surrenders in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite surrendered to police along with his weapons in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh today.
"Naveen, Divisional Committee Member of Mad Division of Maoists, surrendered along with his weapons before senior police officials," Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) N K Sahu said.
The 35-year-old was active in Nelnaar area of the district since 2002 and involved in several crimes like murder, loot and arson, he said.
"He decided to quit the movement due to growing pressure on Naxals from security personnel, harsh forest life and humiliation by his seniors," the ASP said.
Naveen surrendered along with one Insas rifle, 3 magazines (47 rounds) and one wireless set, the officer said.
Fed up with the life he was living, Naveen decided to lay down his arms and take benefit of the State Government`s Naxal rehabilitation scheme, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble