Naxal surrenders in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Naxalite surrendered to police along with his weapons in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh today.
"Naveen, Divisional Committee Member of Mad Division of Maoists, surrendered along with his weapons before senior police officials," Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) N K Sahu said.
The 35-year-old was active in Nelnaar area of the district since 2002 and involved in several crimes like murder, loot and arson, he said.
"He decided to quit the movement due to growing pressure on Naxals from security personnel, harsh forest life and humiliation by his seniors," the ASP said.
Naveen surrendered along with one Insas rifle, 3 magazines (47 rounds) and one wireless set, the officer said.
Fed up with the life he was living, Naveen decided to lay down his arms and take benefit of the State Government`s Naxal rehabilitation scheme, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US