Phulwari scheme in Chhattisgarh to tackle malnutrition
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government has launched `Phulwari scheme` for children between ages of 6 months and 3 years, aiming to curb malnutrition.
"The objective is to keep children healthy by providing proper nutrition," an official here said on Wednesday.
In the first phase, the scheme will be implemented in 85 tribal development blocks of 19 districts, with 2,850 Phulwari Centres.
Pregnant women, mothers of infants, and children will get balanced, nutritious and hot meals every day, besides medical attention and other care at these centres.
Presently, 300 Phulwari centres are functioning in Sarguja district. The remaining would come up in the current financial year.
Rs 10 crore have been allocated for these centres in the budget.
Phulwari centres will be established in the following districts: Kanker, Kondagaon, Bastar, Sukma, Bijapur, Dantewada, Narayanpur, Korba, Koriya, Gariaband, Jashpur, Dhamtari, Balod, Bilaspur, Rajnandgaon, Raigarh, Sarguja, Surajpur and Balrampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand