President condoles loss of lives in Bhilai Steel Plant
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday condoled the loss of lives due to gas leakage at Bhilai Steel Plant in Chhattisgarh.
"The President has called upon the authorities concerned to engage in speedy relief and render all assistance to the kin of the victims, besides providing treatment to those affected by the incident," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
Six people, including two Deputy General Managers, were killed and about 30 injured when poisonous gas leaked at the plant located in Durg district of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test