President condoles loss of lives in Bhilai Steel Plant
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday condoled the loss of lives due to gas leakage at Bhilai Steel Plant in Chhattisgarh.
"The President has called upon the authorities concerned to engage in speedy relief and render all assistance to the kin of the victims, besides providing treatment to those affected by the incident," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
Six people, including two Deputy General Managers, were killed and about 30 injured when poisonous gas leaked at the plant located in Durg district of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh