President condoles loss of lives in Bhilai Steel Plant
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday condoled the loss of lives due to gas leakage at Bhilai Steel Plant in Chhattisgarh.
"The President has called upon the authorities concerned to engage in speedy relief and render all assistance to the kin of the victims, besides providing treatment to those affected by the incident," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement said.
Six people, including two Deputy General Managers, were killed and about 30 injured when poisonous gas leaked at the plant located in Durg district of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ