Six naxalites arrested, weapons seized
Raipur: Six naxalites including a woman were arrested and weapons were recovered from them in Kanker district in a joint operation by the Border Security Force and state police.
Acting on a tip-off that around 30-35 ultras had gathered in a forest near Chilparas village, police intercepted the area and launched a combing operation yesterday, Kanker superintendent of police Rahul Bhagat said on Thursday.
During search, police nabbed six naxalites including a woman and recovered two loaded guns, a detonator, four packets of explosives, 12 bundles of wire, naxalite literature, a motorcycle, batteries, medicines, bag packs and clothes from their possession, Bhagat said.
During interrogation, the naxalites admitted that they were planning an attack on the BSF and other police personnel in Raoghat Koylibed area, the SP said.
The six have been identified as - Chandrashekhar Markam (19), Sudhram Usendi (28), Beeraram Usendi (35), Sakharam Usendi (35), Birjuram (26) and woman ultra - Mali Netram (35).
Bhagat said Mali was heading the women`s naxalite wing in Panidobir area and was also managing the Chetna drama group.
The others were active members of a naxalites armed squad in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan