Three suspected Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three suspected Naxals including a woman were arrested Wednesday in the Maoist-hit Bijapur district of south Chhattisgarh, police said.
"Chaiti Muhanda (24), member of military platoon no 25 of the Maoists, and Rainu Muhanda (26), member of Jatloor LOS (Local Operation Squad), were rounded up on suspicion by the district police during patrolling in Ghanora area," a senior official told PTI over phone.
During interrogation, both admitted to being involved in Naxal movement, the official said, adding that they were booked under Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act, 2005.
The district force also apprehended 24-year-old Anganpalli Ganpat in Modakpal area, a Naxal who was allegedly involved in several crimes ranging from loot and arson to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda