Three suspected Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three suspected Naxals including a woman were arrested Wednesday in the Maoist-hit Bijapur district of south Chhattisgarh, police said.
"Chaiti Muhanda (24), member of military platoon no 25 of the Maoists, and Rainu Muhanda (26), member of Jatloor LOS (Local Operation Squad), were rounded up on suspicion by the district police during patrolling in Ghanora area," a senior official told PTI over phone.
During interrogation, both admitted to being involved in Naxal movement, the official said, adding that they were booked under Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act, 2005.
The district force also apprehended 24-year-old Anganpalli Ganpat in Modakpal area, a Naxal who was allegedly involved in several crimes ranging from loot and arson to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state