Three suspected Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three suspected Naxals including a woman were arrested Wednesday in the Maoist-hit Bijapur district of south Chhattisgarh, police said.
"Chaiti Muhanda (24), member of military platoon no 25 of the Maoists, and Rainu Muhanda (26), member of Jatloor LOS (Local Operation Squad), were rounded up on suspicion by the district police during patrolling in Ghanora area," a senior official told PTI over phone.
During interrogation, both admitted to being involved in Naxal movement, the official said, adding that they were booked under Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act, 2005.
The district force also apprehended 24-year-old Anganpalli Ganpat in Modakpal area, a Naxal who was allegedly involved in several crimes ranging from loot and arson to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch