Three suspected Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three suspected Naxals including a woman were arrested Wednesday in the Maoist-hit Bijapur district of south Chhattisgarh, police said.
"Chaiti Muhanda (24), member of military platoon no 25 of the Maoists, and Rainu Muhanda (26), member of Jatloor LOS (Local Operation Squad), were rounded up on suspicion by the district police during patrolling in Ghanora area," a senior official told PTI over phone.
During interrogation, both admitted to being involved in Naxal movement, the official said, adding that they were booked under Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act, 2005.
The district force also apprehended 24-year-old Anganpalli Ganpat in Modakpal area, a Naxal who was allegedly involved in several crimes ranging from loot and arson to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand