Woman accuses nephews, another man of rape in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by her three nephews and another man in Korba district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"A case has been registered against four men for allegedly gang-raping the woman in Kodmarra village, under Pasan police station limits," Superintendent of Police P Sundarraj told PTI over phone.
In her complaint, filed yesterday, the woman has accused her nephews and village headman Babla Yadav of raping her on January 24.
Accordingly, she had had an argument with her husband over some issue, following which she went to Babla`s house, asking for his intervention.
Babla allegedly asked her to stay back for some time. After some time, her three nephews arrived there, and the four of them raped her, the complaint states.
The report of the medical examination of the woman is awaited. The accused were questioned, but were yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire