Delhi gang-rape: Centre reviews security in Delhi
New Delhi: In the wake of Delhi gang-rape incident, the government Wednesday reviewed the law and order situation in the national capital and directed the Delhi Police to beef up security, especially for women, and expedite pending criminal cases.
In separate meetings with Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde reviewed the security situation besides functioning of the police.
The Home Ministry has already directed the police to register FIR on any complaint by women and those police officers failing to do so would be suspended immediately.
The Lieutenant Governor said he has discussed with the Home Minister how to improve security in Delhi and in particularly safety of women in public places.
Khanna said he would welcome people willing to meet him with their complaints and suggestions, especially on security- related issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail