Delhi gang-rape: Centre reviews security in Delhi
New Delhi: In the wake of Delhi gang-rape incident, the government Wednesday reviewed the law and order situation in the national capital and directed the Delhi Police to beef up security, especially for women, and expedite pending criminal cases.
In separate meetings with Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde reviewed the security situation besides functioning of the police.
The Home Ministry has already directed the police to register FIR on any complaint by women and those police officers failing to do so would be suspended immediately.
The Lieutenant Governor said he has discussed with the Home Minister how to improve security in Delhi and in particularly safety of women in public places.
Khanna said he would welcome people willing to meet him with their complaints and suggestions, especially on security- related issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3