Govt mulls forensic bodies for UTs, North-East region
New Delhi: The Centre is planning to set up two forensic science organisations that will collaborate and exchange information with forensic laboratories in Union Territories and North-East region.
Official sources said that North East Forensic Organisation (NEFO) and Union Territory Forensic Organisation (UTFO) are being constituted to address the problem of North-East states and union territories in the field of forensic sciences.
This is also being done keeping in view the special status of North-East states and union territories.
Forensic science laboratories there lack adequate infrastructure, man-power and equipment which hamper investigations, they said.
The step will also end the dependency of these labs on outside institutions, the sources said, adding that NEFO and UTFO will solve the problems of the isolated institutions.
The sources said investigations in bomb blasts and other emergencies in these parts of the country can be expedited as there will be technology transfer, high quality delivery of services and improved interaction and co-ordination in probes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption