Govt mulls forensic bodies for UTs, North-East region
New Delhi: The Centre is planning to set up two forensic science organisations that will collaborate and exchange information with forensic laboratories in Union Territories and North-East region.
Official sources said that North East Forensic Organisation (NEFO) and Union Territory Forensic Organisation (UTFO) are being constituted to address the problem of North-East states and union territories in the field of forensic sciences.
This is also being done keeping in view the special status of North-East states and union territories.
Forensic science laboratories there lack adequate infrastructure, man-power and equipment which hamper investigations, they said.
The step will also end the dependency of these labs on outside institutions, the sources said, adding that NEFO and UTFO will solve the problems of the isolated institutions.
The sources said investigations in bomb blasts and other emergencies in these parts of the country can be expedited as there will be technology transfer, high quality delivery of services and improved interaction and co-ordination in probes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'