Govt mulls forensic bodies for UTs, North-East region
New Delhi: The Centre is planning to set up two forensic science organisations that will collaborate and exchange information with forensic laboratories in Union Territories and North-East region.
Official sources said that North East Forensic Organisation (NEFO) and Union Territory Forensic Organisation (UTFO) are being constituted to address the problem of North-East states and union territories in the field of forensic sciences.
This is also being done keeping in view the special status of North-East states and union territories.
Forensic science laboratories there lack adequate infrastructure, man-power and equipment which hamper investigations, they said.
The step will also end the dependency of these labs on outside institutions, the sources said, adding that NEFO and UTFO will solve the problems of the isolated institutions.
The sources said investigations in bomb blasts and other emergencies in these parts of the country can be expedited as there will be technology transfer, high quality delivery of services and improved interaction and co-ordination in probes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview