China mulls pollution control system
Beijing: China will launch a new pollution monitoring system that will also check the effect of greenhouse gasses on human health, authorities said.
The system will look at the medical and mortality records and compare them to instances of fog and haze to enable targeted intervention.
"By studying the links we will be able to assess the exact health risks posed by the fine particulates," said Xu Dongqun, deputy director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The system will be first implemented on a trial basis in Beijing and then be expanded to five other regions before being introduced nationally, the China Daily Wednesday quoted her as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!