China mulls pollution control system
Beijing: China will launch a new pollution monitoring system that will also check the effect of greenhouse gasses on human health, authorities said.
The system will look at the medical and mortality records and compare them to instances of fog and haze to enable targeted intervention.
"By studying the links we will be able to assess the exact health risks posed by the fine particulates," said Xu Dongqun, deputy director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The system will be first implemented on a trial basis in Beijing and then be expanded to five other regions before being introduced nationally, the China Daily Wednesday quoted her as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore