China mulls pollution control system
Beijing: China will launch a new pollution monitoring system that will also check the effect of greenhouse gasses on human health, authorities said.
The system will look at the medical and mortality records and compare them to instances of fog and haze to enable targeted intervention.
"By studying the links we will be able to assess the exact health risks posed by the fine particulates," said Xu Dongqun, deputy director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The system will be first implemented on a trial basis in Beijing and then be expanded to five other regions before being introduced nationally, the China Daily Wednesday quoted her as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?