China mulls pollution control system
Beijing: China will launch a new pollution monitoring system that will also check the effect of greenhouse gasses on human health, authorities said.
The system will look at the medical and mortality records and compare them to instances of fog and haze to enable targeted intervention.
"By studying the links we will be able to assess the exact health risks posed by the fine particulates," said Xu Dongqun, deputy director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The system will be first implemented on a trial basis in Beijing and then be expanded to five other regions before being introduced nationally, the China Daily Wednesday quoted her as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie