China mulls pollution control system
Beijing: China will launch a new pollution monitoring system that will also check the effect of greenhouse gasses on human health, authorities said.
The system will look at the medical and mortality records and compare them to instances of fog and haze to enable targeted intervention.
"By studying the links we will be able to assess the exact health risks posed by the fine particulates," said Xu Dongqun, deputy director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The system will be first implemented on a trial basis in Beijing and then be expanded to five other regions before being introduced nationally, the China Daily Wednesday quoted her as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah