Scientists showing dissent over global warming issues being crucified
Washington: Climate scientists who have posed questions about the relevance of global warming issues are reportedly being ostracized.
The consensus often say that they`re demonized and are unable to publish and unable to find any research funding.
A research paper by Lennart Bengtsson, a respected research fellow and climatologist at Britain`s University of Reading, was rejected last February by a leading academic journal after a reviewer found that it was "harmful" to the climate change agenda.
Bengtsson`s research, submitted to the journal Environmental Research Letters for publication, said that greenhouse gas emissions may be less harmful and cause less warming than computer models project.
According to The Times of London, Bengtsson resigned from a think tank`s advisory board after being put under enormous pressure from other academics and one US government scientist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites