World entering a period of global cooling, warn researchers
Washington: Researchers have found that the extraordinary “reverse” of global warming has led to a 60 per cent rise in ice-covered ocean, giving way to a new trend dubbed “global cooling”.
More than a million square miles of Arctic seas have frozen in the past year, a news website reported.
A secret memo to the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said that a chillier-than-usual summer has left a thick ice layer stretching from the Canadian islands to the northern coast of Russia.
The secret UN memo reveals that the ice has spread quickly following the smallest ever frozen surface area, this time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index