World entering a period of global cooling, warn researchers
Washington: Researchers have found that the extraordinary “reverse” of global warming has led to a 60 per cent rise in ice-covered ocean, giving way to a new trend dubbed “global cooling”.
More than a million square miles of Arctic seas have frozen in the past year, a news website reported.
A secret memo to the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said that a chillier-than-usual summer has left a thick ice layer stretching from the Canadian islands to the northern coast of Russia.
The secret UN memo reveals that the ice has spread quickly following the smallest ever frozen surface area, this time last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai