World entering a period of global cooling, warn researchers
Washington: Researchers have found that the extraordinary “reverse” of global warming has led to a 60 per cent rise in ice-covered ocean, giving way to a new trend dubbed “global cooling”.
More than a million square miles of Arctic seas have frozen in the past year, a news website reported.
A secret memo to the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said that a chillier-than-usual summer has left a thick ice layer stretching from the Canadian islands to the northern coast of Russia.
The secret UN memo reveals that the ice has spread quickly following the smallest ever frozen surface area, this time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad