World entering a period of global cooling, warn researchers
Washington: Researchers have found that the extraordinary “reverse” of global warming has led to a 60 per cent rise in ice-covered ocean, giving way to a new trend dubbed “global cooling”.
More than a million square miles of Arctic seas have frozen in the past year, a news website reported.
A secret memo to the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said that a chillier-than-usual summer has left a thick ice layer stretching from the Canadian islands to the northern coast of Russia.
The secret UN memo reveals that the ice has spread quickly following the smallest ever frozen surface area, this time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?