World entering a period of global cooling, warn researchers
Washington: Researchers have found that the extraordinary “reverse” of global warming has led to a 60 per cent rise in ice-covered ocean, giving way to a new trend dubbed “global cooling”.
More than a million square miles of Arctic seas have frozen in the past year, a news website reported.
A secret memo to the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said that a chillier-than-usual summer has left a thick ice layer stretching from the Canadian islands to the northern coast of Russia.
The secret UN memo reveals that the ice has spread quickly following the smallest ever frozen surface area, this time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried