Farooq Abdullah must seek asylum elsewhere: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Monday asked Farooq Abdullah to seek asylum in some other country and to forget his idea of de-linking Kashmir from India if Narendra Modi is elected as the next prime minister.
"Farooq Abdullah has no power to move Modi from here by even an inch. These kind of words are only used by ruffians who roam on the roadside. Now, they (the National Conference and its allies) are afraid because Modi cannot be tied, since he has no bindings. As far as Kashmir is concerned, since the Maharaja (Hari Singh) has signed the instrument of accession with India, it has become an integral part of India. Hence, he can go to some other country if he feels like or take asylum like several Hindus who have done so in United States. Therefore, nobody can separate it," Swamy said.
Jammu and Kashmir National Conference (NC) chief Farooq Abdullah said on Sunday that Kashmir will not be a part of India if Modi is voted to power.
Addressing an election rally, Abdullah, who is also Union New and Renewable Energy Minister, said the people of Kashmir wouldn`t accept a communal person.
"If it happens, then Kashmir will not remain a part of India. I say it publicly. Kashmiris will not accept a communal person," said Abdullah.
Abdullah also hit out at people who have voted for Modi.
"Those who vote for Modi should drown themselves in the sea," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'