Farooq Abdullah must seek asylum elsewhere: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Monday asked Farooq Abdullah to seek asylum in some other country and to forget his idea of de-linking Kashmir from India if Narendra Modi is elected as the next prime minister.
"Farooq Abdullah has no power to move Modi from here by even an inch. These kind of words are only used by ruffians who roam on the roadside. Now, they (the National Conference and its allies) are afraid because Modi cannot be tied, since he has no bindings. As far as Kashmir is concerned, since the Maharaja (Hari Singh) has signed the instrument of accession with India, it has become an integral part of India. Hence, he can go to some other country if he feels like or take asylum like several Hindus who have done so in United States. Therefore, nobody can separate it," Swamy said.
Jammu and Kashmir National Conference (NC) chief Farooq Abdullah said on Sunday that Kashmir will not be a part of India if Modi is voted to power.
Addressing an election rally, Abdullah, who is also Union New and Renewable Energy Minister, said the people of Kashmir wouldn`t accept a communal person.
"If it happens, then Kashmir will not remain a part of India. I say it publicly. Kashmiris will not accept a communal person," said Abdullah.
Abdullah also hit out at people who have voted for Modi.
"Those who vote for Modi should drown themselves in the sea," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!