LS polls: Two-thirds electorate cast ballot in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Around two-thirds of the electorate in Chhattisgarh`s seven Lok Sabha constituencies cast their ballots Thursday in the third and final phase of election in the state, officials said.
About 66 percent voters exercised their franchise as the polling ended, election officials said.
Balloting was held at 14,474 polling booths in the seven constituencies of Sarguja, Raigadh, Janjgir-Champa, Korba, Bilaspur, Durg and Raipur.
Sarguja saw the highest voter turnout at 70 percent.
Polling was peaceful and no untoward incident was reported, officials said.
Balloting was heavy in the interior areas but was comparatively sluggish in the urban centres.
Voters Thursday sealed the fate of 153 candidates.
The state saw two phases of polling - April 10 and 17 - for one and three seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months