LS polls: Two-thirds electorate cast ballot in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Around two-thirds of the electorate in Chhattisgarh`s seven Lok Sabha constituencies cast their ballots Thursday in the third and final phase of election in the state, officials said.
About 66 percent voters exercised their franchise as the polling ended, election officials said.
Balloting was held at 14,474 polling booths in the seven constituencies of Sarguja, Raigadh, Janjgir-Champa, Korba, Bilaspur, Durg and Raipur.
Sarguja saw the highest voter turnout at 70 percent.
Polling was peaceful and no untoward incident was reported, officials said.
Balloting was heavy in the interior areas but was comparatively sluggish in the urban centres.
Voters Thursday sealed the fate of 153 candidates.
The state saw two phases of polling - April 10 and 17 - for one and three seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city