LS polls: Two-thirds electorate cast ballot in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Around two-thirds of the electorate in Chhattisgarh`s seven Lok Sabha constituencies cast their ballots Thursday in the third and final phase of election in the state, officials said.
About 66 percent voters exercised their franchise as the polling ended, election officials said.
Balloting was held at 14,474 polling booths in the seven constituencies of Sarguja, Raigadh, Janjgir-Champa, Korba, Bilaspur, Durg and Raipur.
Sarguja saw the highest voter turnout at 70 percent.
Polling was peaceful and no untoward incident was reported, officials said.
Balloting was heavy in the interior areas but was comparatively sluggish in the urban centres.
Voters Thursday sealed the fate of 153 candidates.
The state saw two phases of polling - April 10 and 17 - for one and three seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents